- How did Charles Lambert contribute to Chile’s copper mining success?
- How does copper mining affect the environment?
- How are the communities nearby copper mining affected?
- Do you find it surprising that more hasn’t been done to protect the environment when it comes to mining?
- What do you think was the point of Chile’s mining history most detrimental to its’ success today?
- How have mine conditions changed throughout the years?
- Would you personally want to live near or work in a copper mine?
- How do you think copper trade and exports have impacted the relationship between the U.S. and Chile?
- How did foreign involvement in Chile contribute to the success of copper?
- Do you think the economic impact of copper outweighs the environmental affects?
- This video provides perspective of what it’s like to work inside the Chuquicamata mine.
Newsey, “Inside the world’s largest open pit copper mine in Chile,” YouTube, May 19, 2022, 0:00 to 2:42, https://youtu.be/BRp4HNHUIMo
2. This video is a positive perspective on copper mining, stating it can help build a more sustainable and cleaner world.
Angloamerican, “Copper – a future-enabling metal,” YouTube, October 26, 2021, 0:00 to 2:16, https://youtu.be/sR-Pn5GUQOE
3. This is a 1944 video discussing the process of mining and smelting at the Chilean Chuquicamata mine.
Markdcatlin, “Copper Mining and Smelting 1944 Chile,” YouTube, January 16, 2012, 0:00 to 1:00, https://youtu.be/K4WztJwQ040
4. This is an educational video that explains the process of the copper production process in Chile.
Consejo Minero, “Chile Copper” YouTube, June 10, 2015, educational video, 0:00 to 4:56, https://youtu.be/9BeB933fD6I
5. This video is a news source from 2017 over the mine strike at BHP Billiton’s Escondida copper mine.
Al Jazeera English, “Chile miners continue strike for better wages, YouTube, February 23, 2017, from 0:00 to 2:21, https://youtu.be/YQTyINbWyl8